- discards output samples corrupted by time aliasing each frame, and
- overlaps the input frames by the same amount.
- If the input frame size is and the filter length is , then a length FFT and IFFT are used.
- As a result, samples of the output are invalid due to time aliasing.
- The overlap-save method writes out the good samples and uses a hop size of , thus recomputing the time-aliased output samples in the previous frame.
The name ``overlap-save'' comes from the fact that samples of the previous frame are effectively ``saved'' for computing the next frame.
Time Varying OLA Modifications
Dual of Constant Overlap-Add