Sign in

Not a member? | Forgot your Password?

Search compdsp

Search tips


Discussion Groups

FFT Spectral Analysis Software

Free Online Books

See Also

Embedded SystemsFPGA

Discussion Groups | Comp.DSP | FIR filtering using a lookup table

There are 6 messages in this thread.

You are currently looking at messages 1 to .


Is this discussion worth a thumbs up?

0

FIR filtering using a lookup table - 2003-07-31 04:20:00

Hi,

Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign the
original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone know
where I can find some helpful information of how to implement this
principle?

Regards,
Ellegaard

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Complex Digital Signal Processing in Telecommunications.


Re: FIR filtering using a lookup table - Ljubisa Bajic - 2003-07-31 13:00:00

Hi Ellegaard,

Chances are that what you are looking for is the distributed arithmetic (DA) 
algorithm. Google for it and you should find a plethora of information.

Ljubisa Bajic
ATI Technologies
-- My opinions do not represent those of my employer --

e...@softhome.net wrote in message
news:<a...@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> 
> Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
> interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign the
> original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone know
> where I can find some helpful information of how to implement this
> principle?
> 
> Regards,
> Ellegaard

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Digital Signal Processor Fundamentals and System Design.


Re: FIR filtering using a lookup table - Fred Marshall - 2003-07-31 14:40:00

<e...@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:a...@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
> interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign the
> original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone know
> where I can find some helpful information of how to implement this
> principle?
>
 Ellegaard,

You might Google on "lookup table filter FIR" to get things like
this:

http://www.chipcenter.com/dsp/DSP000301F1.html

Fred

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Digital Signal Processing Maths.


Re: FIR filtering using a lookup table - Dirk Bell - 2003-07-31 20:11:00

Seems like there was a book about this (or including this) out in the
early
80's by Bede and Lui (could be spelled wrong).

Dirk

Dirk A. Bell
DSP Consultant (ISO work to do)

<e...@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:a...@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
> interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign the
> original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone know
> where I can find some helpful information of how to implement this
> principle?
>
> Regards,
> Ellegaard

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Complex Digital Signal Processing in Telecommunications.


Re: FIR filtering using a lookup table - Clay S. Turner - 2003-08-01 12:09:00

Hello Dirk et. al.,

There is a book "Digital Signal Processing - Theory, Design, and
Implementation" by Abraham Peled and Bede Liu, 1976, that has some info on
decimation and interpolation with FIR filters. They present several worked
out examples as well as give some theory. Even though the book is rather
small, 304 pages, it presents some pretty neat ideas.

Clay


"Dirk Bell" <d...@erols.com> wrote in message
news:bgcbur$7mt$1...@bob.news.rcn.net...
> Seems like there was a book about this (or including this) out in the
early
> 80's by Bede and Lui (could be spelled wrong).
>
> Dirk
>
> Dirk A. Bell
> DSP Consultant (ISO work to do)
>
> <e...@softhome.net> wrote in message
> news:a...@posting.google.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
> > interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign the
> > original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone
know
> > where I can find some helpful information of how to implement this
> > principle?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ellegaard
>
>

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Digital Signal Processing Maths.


Re: FIR filtering using a lookup table - Dirk Bell - 2003-08-01 13:05:00

That's the book.

Dirk

"Clay S. Turner" <p...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
message
news:g3wWa.10149$r...@fe04.atl2.webusenet.com...
> Hello Dirk et. al.,
>
> There is a book "Digital Signal Processing - Theory, Design, and
> Implementation" by Abraham Peled and Bede Liu, 1976, that has some
info on
> decimation and interpolation with FIR filters. They present several worked
> out examples as well as give some theory. Even though the book is rather
> small, 304 pages, it presents some pretty neat ideas.
>
> Clay
>
>
> "Dirk Bell" <d...@erols.com> wrote in message
> news:bgcbur$7mt$1...@bob.news.rcn.net...
> > Seems like there was a book about this (or including this) out in the
> early
> > 80's by Bede and Lui (could be spelled wrong).
> >
> > Dirk
> >
> > Dirk A. Bell
> > DSP Consultant (ISO work to do)
> >
> > <e...@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > news:a...@posting.google.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Currently I am using a polyphase FIR filter to perform an
> > > interpolation. To gain performance I have in mind to redesign
the
> > > original filter with the principle of a lookup table. Does anyone
know
> > > where I can find some helpful information of how to implement
this
> > > principle?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ellegaard
> >
> >
>
>
>

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Digital Signal Processing Maths.