Reply by HSDPA Discussions January 10, 20052005-01-10
HI SANTHOSH,
I am studnet pursing Ms in Telecommunication .I need to know a
practical example with numberic valuies for turbo encoding and
decoing.Any materials pls send me..
I wanna kow in detial abt Sysytematic bit,Mother codes etc..
could u help me
my mail id
mahe2020@gmail.com

Reply by Andrew Reilly February 27, 20042004-02-27
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:24:44 -0700, kbc wrote:
> Do i look like an idiot to think that ieee conducts an yearly auction > to give away these designations ??
Your question about the purpose of the newsgroup gave exactly that impression. -- Andrew
Reply by Rune Allnor August 13, 20032003-08-13
Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> wrote in message news:<3F381962.74B4704D@ieee.org>...
> Steve Underwood wrote: > > > > The less neat something really is, is the more it needs a good name. > > > > When someone says "how does your error handling work" do you really want > > to say "the receiver gropes around in the dark, trying endless > > possibilities, until it stumbles on its best guess at the actual > > transmitted data". Isn't "we use Viterbi techniques to evaluate the > > maximum likelihood sequence" better? Better still "we use Viterbi > > techniques to evaulate the MLS" avoids a phrase that still sounds like > > vague guessing. > > > > Regards > > Steve > > > > Peter Brackett wrote: > > > > > > OTOH... any literature search will uncover the many unique contributions of > > > Andrew Viterbi to communications sciences! It's just that the only one > > > named > > > for him is not that important and was not even discovered or invented by > > > him! > > I don't know about the last improvement. Whenever I see "MLS", I think > "PMS". I don't know why. > > Jerry
Perhaps because "MLS" puts an end to any discussion almost as efficiently as "PMS" does... Rune
Reply by Jerry Avins August 13, 20032003-08-13
Eric Jacobsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:32:02 -0400, Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> wrote: > > >Steve Underwood wrote: > >> > >> The less neat something really is, is the more it needs a good name. > >> > >> When someone says "how does your error handling work" do you really want > >> to say "the receiver gropes around in the dark, trying endless > >> possibilities, until it stumbles on its best guess at the actual > >> transmitted data". Isn't "we use Viterbi techniques to evaluate the > >> maximum likelihood sequence" better? Better still "we use Viterbi > >> techniques to evaulate the MLS" avoids a phrase that still sounds like > >> vague guessing. > >> > >> Regards > >> Steve > > > >I don't know about the last improvement. Whenever I see "MLS", I think > >"PMS". I don't know why. > > > >Jerry > > I sometimes think of realtors. >
That at least make sense. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;
Reply by Peter J. Kootsookos August 12, 20032003-08-12
kbc32@yahoo.com (kbc) writes:

> Do i look like an idiot to think that ieee conducts an yearly auction > to give away these designations ??
Yes. Ciao, Peter K. -- Peter J. Kootsookos "Na, na na na na na na, na na na na" - 'Hey Jude', Lennon/McCartney
Reply by Didier A. Depireux August 12, 20032003-08-12
Clay S. Turner <physicsNOOOOSPPPPAMMMM@bellsouth.net> wrote:


> p.s. Trivia question??? What is the only (known to someone with one or two > year's worth of physics/ e-mag) unit named for an American (non-immigrant) > scientist?
Henry. Didier -- Didier A Depireux ddepi001@umaryland.edu didier@isr.umd.edu 685 W.Baltimore Str http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off) University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512
Reply by Clay S. Turner August 12, 20032003-08-12
"Stan Pawlukiewicz" <stanp@nospam_mitre.org> wrote in message
news:bhb8am$olt$1@newslocal.mitre.org...
> > > Henry? >
Stan, Yes - you get the prize. I don't know what it is, but you get it. I remember seeing some of his magnets at the Smithsonian. Pretty impressive. See http://www.si.edu/archives/ihd/jhp/ for more details on this man Clay
Reply by Clay S. Turner August 12, 20032003-08-12
"Jim Thomas" <jthomas@bittware.com> wrote in message
news:3F391E41.87031FE6@bittware.com...

> > p.s. Trivia question??? What is the only (known to someone with one or
two
> > year's worth of physics/ e-mag) unit named for an American
(non-immigrant)
> > scientist? > > Watt do you mean?
James Watt was Scottish see for details: http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/watt.htm
> > -- > Jim Thomas Principal Applications Engineer Bittware, Inc > jthomas@bittware.com http://www.bittware.com (703) 779-7770 > There's a fine line between clever and stupid
Reply by Stan Pawlukiewicz August 12, 20032003-08-12
Jim Thomas wrote:
> "Clay S. Turner" wrote: > >>"Jonathan Y Stein" <author@dspcsp.com> wrote in message >>news:bhb4su$590$1@news2.netvision.net.il... >> >>>However, the real champion of AC when Edison was out pushing DC >>>was Nikola Tesla. And all he ever got was an infrequently used >>>unit of magnetic field, and his initials were blasphemed with a non-Unix >>>server operating system. >> >>Jonathan, >>I don't know about the OS, but the unit, tesla, is hardly infrequently used! >>When one first encounters magnetic flux density in first year physics, he >>learns this unit. I know that I assign many problems that use teslas. A >>common equivalent is webers per square meter. Some old schoolers may use >>gauss for field strength, but the standard unit for field strength is tesla. >>(1 tesla = 10000 gauss). A gauss is convenient when describing the Earth's >>field near the surface. The density there is about 1/2 gauss. >> >>E-Mag used to be taught using gaussian units, but the paradigm is to now use >>rationalized MKSA units, so the tesla has become the natural one. >> >>Clay >> >>p.s. Trivia question??? What is the only (known to someone with one or two >>year's worth of physics/ e-mag) unit named for an American (non-immigrant) >>scientist? > > > Watt do you mean? >
Henry?
Reply by Jim Thomas August 12, 20032003-08-12
"Clay S. Turner" wrote:
> > "Jonathan Y Stein" <author@dspcsp.com> wrote in message > news:bhb4su$590$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > > > > However, the real champion of AC when Edison was out pushing DC > > was Nikola Tesla. And all he ever got was an infrequently used > > unit of magnetic field, and his initials were blasphemed with a non-Unix > > server operating system. > > Jonathan, > I don't know about the OS, but the unit, tesla, is hardly infrequently used! > When one first encounters magnetic flux density in first year physics, he > learns this unit. I know that I assign many problems that use teslas. A > common equivalent is webers per square meter. Some old schoolers may use > gauss for field strength, but the standard unit for field strength is tesla. > (1 tesla = 10000 gauss). A gauss is convenient when describing the Earth's > field near the surface. The density there is about 1/2 gauss. > > E-Mag used to be taught using gaussian units, but the paradigm is to now use > rationalized MKSA units, so the tesla has become the natural one. > > Clay > > p.s. Trivia question??? What is the only (known to someone with one or two > year's worth of physics/ e-mag) unit named for an American (non-immigrant) > scientist?
Watt do you mean? -- Jim Thomas Principal Applications Engineer Bittware, Inc jthomas@bittware.com http://www.bittware.com (703) 779-7770 There's a fine line between clever and stupid