Starting with the examples that come with the kit you can explore the capabilities of this AIC a bit. From there I would suggest digging into the device data sheet. From there, first look into the C examples (FIR_C3K.C is a good one), the ASM examples and finally the host based examples (FFT analyzer and oscilloscope) if that is what you need. It basically comes down to this.
- Thankfully the PCM3003 is a 'clock it and forget it' type of device. As long as you apply the right clocking and set up the DSP properly it cant reprogram itself into oblivion like many other AIC's and Codec's. Follow the examples!
- This *is* a stereo device, so you need to become aware of how to work with two channels. Or, if you need only one channel I suppose you could electrically and algorithmically tie the two channels together. This solves the problem of having to sort the L/R signal.
- Single voltage rail devices are not ground referenced and therefor for simplicity have input and output AC coupling.
- The sigma delta ADC works on the difference of input samples, feedback and filtering... and therefor behaves as if it were AC coupled. The lower corner frequency is 2-4 Hz, but this can be improved a bit by lowering the sampling rate. The AC coupling capacitor will also have a slight effect. I have a product out where I use this technique (its actually PCMxxxx derivitive) to analyze signals in the 1 Hz range.
- The DAC output will produce DC outputs. Probably not too helpfull in your case, but worth mentioning.
Hope this helps,
DSP and Analog Consultant
Lincoln, Ma 01773
dani abu manneh wrote:
to whom it may concern:
Am Daniel George Abu Manneh, a senior student of Biomedical eng. atJordan University of Science and Technology, i ordered the TMS320VC33 unversity starter kit , but ireally dont have that much experieve to deal with it.especially with new codec system that it include in which older versions contains instead AIC system, my code is written accordding to AIC system so it is not compatiable with the codec system ( PCM3003), i need help in how can i change my code in order to get it compatiable with the codec system.
other thing that i have an ECG sinal that i want to feed the kit with , but i dont know where should i feed my input to the kit is it using the Audoi input Jack???.... i really need those questions to get answerd coz am having a real problem dealling with this kit in order to implement my graduate project .
thanks in advance
Daniel George Abu Manneh