1. G.723.1 and AMR-NB are different codecs. AMR standart is available
2. GSM-AMR is just another name for AMR-NB, usually simply AMR.
2.1 NB = narrow band (8kHz sampling rate), WB - wide band (16kHz), thus
AMR and AMR-WB are different codecs
3. I think encoder should consume < 50 MIPS, decoder < 8 MIPS (assumes
memory works at a core speed)
Posted by rajanikanth●December 15, 2005
Hi to all,
I am doing projects of AMR- WB(ITU G.722.2) & AMR- NB implementation on
I have the following doubts, please clarify.
1) What are the standards for AMR- NB? Is 3gpp AMR-NB same as ITU G.723.1
2) AMR- WB and GSM-AMR are same or not ?
2) What is the difference between ARM and TI- processors in the MIPS point
of view ?
3) How many MIPS the AMR- WB will take generally?
How many MIPS the AMR- NB will take generally?
4) Approximately how many days one guy will take to complete
these projects ?
Thanks in advance.