Forums

evaluation model of DM642

Started by bharath November 8, 2005
Hi ,
I have purchased DM642 EVM board recently. Is JTAG Emulator must for connecting the PC with the board. I don't have the JTAG emulator with me, can i use 9pin connector(rs-232) and connect the PC with the board. In the case of tms320c6713 dsk ,i used to connect the PC with board using the USB cable provided by the vendor. Why is JTAG Emulator a must in the case of connecting DM642 EVM with PC. Kindly help me in this regard ASAP.

thanking you
bharath


Hi Bharath,

You can't do without a JTAG emulator for EVM board.
The DSK can do without an external one because it has
an embedded(on board) emulator.
As for the function of the emulator, think of it as a
piece of hardware which is responsible for interfacing
with the chip for source debug functionality.

Regards
Piyush

--- bharath <bharathchandru@bhar...> wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have purchased DM642 EVM board recently.
> Is JTAG Emulator must for connecting the PC with the
> board. I don't have the JTAG emulator with me, can i
> use 9pin connector(rs-232) and connect the PC with
> the board. In the case of tms320c6713 dsk ,i used to
> connect the PC with board using the USB cable
> provided by the vendor. Why is JTAG Emulator a must
> in the case of connecting DM642 EVM with PC. Kindly
> help me in this regard ASAP.
>
> thanking you
> bharath >
> c6x-unsubscribe@c6x-...


**************************************
And---"A blind Understanding!" Heav'n replied.

Piyush Kaul
http://www.geocities.com/piyushkaul
__________________________________
Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com


Hi piyush,
                 Can i connect the DM642 EVM borad directly to the PCI slot provided in the mother board(PC).Use CCS flash burn utility and load some simple .exe and run it?.correct me if my understanding is wrong with some basic explanation.waiting for your reply.
 
thanking you
bharath

piyush kaul <p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Bharath,

You can't do without a JTAG emulator for EVM board.
The DSK can do without an external one because it has
an embedded(on board) emulator.
As for the function of the emulator, think of it as a
piece of hardware which is responsible for interfacing
with the chip for source debug functionality.

Regards
Piyush

--- bharath wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have purchased DM642 EVM board recently.
> Is JTAG Emulator must for connecting the PC with the
> board. I don't have the JTAG emulator with me, can i
> use 9pin connector(rs-232) and connect the PC with
> the board. In the case of tms320c6713 dsk ,i used to
> connect the PC with board using the USB cable
> provided by the vendor. Why is JTAG Emulator a must
> in the case of connecting DM642 EVM with PC. Kindly
> help me in this regard ASAP.
>
> thanking you
> bharath>
> c...@yahoogroups.com

**************************************
And---"A blind Understanding!" Heav'n replied.

Piyush Kaul
http://www.geocities.com/piyushkaul
__________________________________
Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/c6x/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
c...@yahoogroups.com

<*


How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos