Forums

Displaying float variables in Watch Window of CC 4.10.36

Started by mikhail_iv October 1, 2003
I have a problem regard displaying float variables in Watch Window of
Code Composer 'C3x-'C4x. Float numbers in Watch Window does'not
corresponded to float numbers assigned in program.

How can I resolve this problem?




Hi,

CCS 4.10 has some open issue in displaying float numbers in Watch Window.
See release notes and open issues documents for the same. But they have
resolved that issue. You may have to install the patch to display it
correctly.

Regards,

k.

----- Original Message -----
From: "mikhail_iv" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:38 PM
Subject: [code-comp] Displaying float variables in Watch Window of CC
4.10.36 > I have a problem regard displaying float variables in Watch Window of
> Code Composer 'C3x-'C4x. Float numbers in Watch Window does'not
> corresponded to float numbers assigned in program.
>
> How can I resolve this problem? > _____________________________________
> Note: If you do a simple "reply" with your email client, only the author
of this message will receive your answer. You need to do a "reply all" if
you want your answer to be distributed to the entire group.
>
> _____________________________________
> About this discussion group:
>
> To Join:
>
> To Post:
>
> To Leave:
>
> Archives: http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/code-comp
>
> More Groups: http://www.dsprelated.com > ">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>



Usually this is due to the optimizer assigning local variables to registers.
Since the registers are shared between these local variables, the watch
window can display one of these "aliased" variables instead of the one
listed in the watch windows. Try declaring the variables "static" or
global.

Bill
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mikhail_iv [mailto:]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 4:09 AM
> To:
> Subject: [code-comp] Displaying float variables in Watch
> Window of CC 4.10.36 > I have a problem regard displaying float variables in Watch Window of
> Code Composer 'C3x-'C4x. Float numbers in Watch Window does'not
> corresponded to float numbers assigned in program.
>
> How can I resolve this problem? >
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~--> Upgrade to 128-Bit SSL Security!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/p7cEmB/s7qGAA/yigFAA> /26EolB/TM > --------------------------
> -------~->
>
> _____________________________________
> Note: If you do a simple "reply" with your email client, only
> the author of this message will receive your answer. You
> need to do a "reply all" if you want your answer to be
> distributed to the entire group.
>
> _____________________________________
> About this discussion group:
>
> To Join:
>
> To Post:
>
> To Leave:
>
> Archives: http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/code-comp
>
> More Groups: http://www.dsprelated.com > ">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/