Forums

MUSIC and ESPRIT

Started by preetigupta December 11, 2008
can MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm work if i add rayleigh noise channel.I have
implemented them with guassian noise having zero mean.i am not gettin can i
change the noise and what noise can i add to these algorithms.

_____________________________________
Do you know a company who employs DSP engineers?  
Is it already listed at http://dsprelated.com/employers.php ?
On 11 Des, 13:42, "preetigupta" <preeti_engin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> can MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm work if i add rayleigh noise channel.
They may or they may not. They were developed for other conditions, so it's hard to have an informed opinion about what might happen. Try them and see.
> I have > implemented them with guassian noise having zero mean.i am not gettin can i > change the noise and what noise can i add to these algorithms.
You can do exactly what you want, distort the signals how you want and add whatever noise you want. Again, keep in mind that you use the methods under other conditions than they were developed for, so they may or may not work. Rune
thanks for replying.actually i am not getting what noises can i add.i
tried for rayleigh channel.but not able to simulate my program.i have
to do some new experiment with music and esprit.but not getting what
can be done.

Rune Allnor wrote:
> On 11 Des, 13:42, "preetigupta" <preeti_engin...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > can MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm work if i add rayleigh noise channel. > > They may or they may not. They were developed for other > conditions, so it's hard to have an informed opinion > about what might happen. Try them and see. > > > I have > > implemented them with guassian noise having zero mean.i am not gettin can i > > change the noise and what noise can i add to these algorithms. > > You can do exactly what you want, distort the signals > how you want and add whatever noise you want. > > Again, keep in mind that you use the methods under > other conditions than they were developed for, so > they may or may not work. > > Rune
On 13 Des, 05:52, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote:
> thanks for replying.actually i am not getting what noises can i add.i > tried for rayleigh channel.but not able to simulate my program.i have > to do some new experiment with music and esprit.but not getting what > can be done.
I don't understand. Are you able to simulate the Rayleigh channel and these other types of noise? Or is this what you ask for help with? Rune
No,i am not able to simulate my algorithm for rayleigh channel and i am not
getting what other noises can be added.

>On 13 Des, 05:52, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote: >> thanks for replying.actually i am not getting what noises can i add.i >> tried for rayleigh channel.but not able to simulate my program.i have >> to do some new experiment with music and esprit.but not getting what >> can be done. > >I don't understand. Are you able to simulate the Rayleigh channel >and these other types of noise? Or is this what you ask for help with? > >Rune >
On 17 Des, 15:17, "preetigupta" <preeti_engin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> No,i am not able to simulate my algorithm for rayleigh channel and i am not > getting what other noises can be added.
In that case you might want to write a new post with subject 'Channel noise simulation' or something like that, and ask questions about noise. That way the people who know the answers to your questions might look at your post. They might not be very interested in posts wich seem to concern MUSIC or ESPRIT frequency estimators. Rune
>can MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm work if i add rayleigh noise channel.I
have
>implemented them with guassian noise having zero mean.i am not gettin can
i
>change the noise and what noise can i add to these algorithms. > >_____________________________________ >Do you know a company who employs DSP engineers? >Is it already listed at http://dsprelated.com/employers.php ? >
Hi, MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm are subspace algorithms. That means that you can divide the space in two subspaces: the desired signal source, and the noise, subspaces. In other words, you can add noise to the channel and then use MUSIC or ESPRIT to estimate the DOA of the sources (that's the idea of these algorithms). However, remember there are constraints in order to solve the problem, as for example, the number of sources must be less than M (number of sensors).