Forums

MIPS required for G.165,G.729AB

Started by praveen November 18, 2004
Hello,
I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150.
I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the above tasks.

Thanks and regards
Praveen
praveen wrote:

>Hello, >I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150. >I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the above tasks. > >Thanks and regards >Praveen > >
I have a piece of string. Can anyone tell me its length? :-) Steve
Steve Underwood wrote:

> praveen wrote: > >> Hello, >> I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150. >> I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the >> above tasks. >> >> Thanks and regards >> Praveen >> >> > I have a piece of string. Can anyone tell me its length? :-) > > Steve
I have three boxes of string. They are labeled Pieces of String Short Pieces of String Pieces of String Too Short to Save Can you guess what colors the boxes are? Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. �����������������������������������������������������������������������
On 2004-11-18 21:16:32 +0100, Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> said:

> I have three boxes of string. They are labeled > > Pieces of String > Short Pieces of String > Pieces of String Too Short to Save > > Can you guess what colors the boxes are? > > Jerry
I'd recommmend you ask Rune's colleagues... :-) -- Stephan M. Bernsee http://www.dspdimension.com
Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> writes:

> Steve Underwood wrote: > > > praveen wrote: > > > >> Hello, > >> I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150. > >> I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the > >> above tasks. > >> > >> Thanks and regards > >> Praveen > >> > >> > > I have a piece of string. Can anyone tell me its length? :-) > > > > Steve > > I have three boxes of string. They are labeled > > Pieces of String > Short Pieces of String > Pieces of String Too Short to Save > > Can you guess what colors the boxes are?
Yes. -- Randy Yates Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Research Triangle Park, NC, USA randy.yates@sonyericsson.com, 919-472-1124

Randy Yates wrote:
> Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> writes: > > >>Steve Underwood wrote: >> >> >>>praveen wrote: >>> >>> >>>>Hello, >>>>I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150. >>>>I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the >>>>above tasks. >>>> >>>>Thanks and regards >>>>Praveen >>>> >>>> >>> >>>I have a piece of string. Can anyone tell me its length? :-) >>> >>>Steve >> >>I have three boxes of string. They are labeled >> >>Pieces of String >>Short Pieces of String >>Pieces of String Too Short to Save >> >>Can you guess what colors the boxes are? > > > Yes.
Come on you guys (tm). You all know that it takes enough MIPS and not one MIP more !!
praveenkumar1979@rediffmail.com (praveen) wrote in message news:<ff8a3afb.0411172350.59c7af22@posting.google.com>...
> Hello, > I wanted to know the MIPS required for G.165,G729AB,T.38 and V.150. > I am Choosing a DSP (Analog ot TI DSP) for a application which has the above tasks. > > Thanks and regards > Praveen
ADSP-2181 for G.729: G.729 Annex A Encoder requires 8.7 MIPS, 6762 words of PM, and 1512 words of DM G.729 Annex A Decoder requires 2.1 MIPS, 3950 words of PM, and 725 words of DM G.729 Annex A Encoder/Decoder requires 10.8 MIPS, 7720 words of PM, and 1918 words of DM G.729AB - could be little different - dono exactly. There is a Hyderabad based company who published benchmarks on variuos processors.It seems it is reliable I forgot the name of the company - may be starts with Hellosoft? Regards, Santosh