Forums

Project in Digital Audio Effects

Started by Balaji June 9, 2005
Hi .. I have to do my project in Audio(Digital Audio Effects)
I am confusing from where I have to start? Can any body guide how to
follow in a simple manner..and in order.

I want to know from where I have start and how to follow.. what can I
do in this feild(ie some project titles)

waiting for reply 

Thanks.......... bye

Balaji wrote:
> Hi .. I have to do my project in Audio(Digital Audio Effects) > I am confusing from where I have to start? Can any body guide how to > follow in a simple manner..and in order.
You have to state the frame of your project: Highschool project? PhD thesis? Hardware? Software? What have you researched so far? What interests you? Music? Speech? Guitar effects? How well do you know your theory? Novice? Professor? Which webpages have you looked at? Musicdsp? Dspguru? Harmony central? Dspguide? Are you actually interested in this or do you simply have to do some homework? What software (simulation) tools do have at hand? Matlab? Scilab? Octave? R? Mathematica? Mathcad? Excel? Regards, Andor
Have you read DSP Guide? (www.dspguide.com) If not, its probably the
first place you will like to start from. It helped me alot!

regards
--Himanshu

On 9 Jun 2005 03:29:17 -0700, "Balaji" <pullaraomaddu@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi .. I have to do my project in Audio(Digital Audio Effects) >I am confusing from where I have to start? Can any body guide how to >follow in a simple manner..and in order.
There's lots to learn about DSP and doing audio effects, the link to dspguide.com is good, but if you want some good explanations and code examples, there's lots of audio-related DSP stuff at: http://www.harmony-central.com I looked, at first it looks like only reviews and demos of commercially available stuff, but clicking on computer then scrolling down to audio programming gets you to this: http://www.harmony-central.com/Computer/Programming/ Which should be plenty to get you started. :)
>I want to know from where I have start and how to follow.. what can I >do in this feild(ie some project titles) > >waiting for reply > >Thanks.......... bye
----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
in article 1118350790.463046.21960@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, Andor at
an2or@mailcircuit.com wrote on 06/09/2005 16:59:

> You have to state the frame of your project: Highschool project? PhD > thesis? Hardware? Software? What have you researched so far? What > interests you? Music? Speech? Guitar effects? How well do you know your > theory? Novice? Professor? Which webpages have you looked at? Musicdsp? > Dspguru? Harmony central? Dspguide? Are you actually interested in this > or do you simply have to do some homework? What software (simulation) > tools do have at hand? Matlab? Scilab? Octave? R? Mathematica? Mathcad? > Excel?
in addition, the OP needs to think about which effects. delay effects? reverberation? pitch-shifting? chorusing? phasing/flanging? filtering effects? non-linear distortion? they're all done differently. -- r b-j rbj@audioimagination.com "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
HI everybody .. thanks a lot for ur quick reply.........


Right now I cant answer to u all... cause I have not yet chsen the
field.. but I will decide soon come for ur suggestions.

But I have to work on SPATIAL PROCESSING OF SOUNDS.

I want two AES Papers. Can any one have the access to this sight. If so
please send me the copies of the following:

1=2E Objective Audio Signal Evaluation =E2=80" Applied Psychoacoustics
for Modeling the Perceived Quality of Digital Audio
                  Sporer, T., 1997. 103rd Audio Engineering Society
Convention, New York, USA, September 26-29, 1997
2=2E Audio Engineering and Psychoacoustics: Matching Signals to the Final
Receiver, the Human Auditory System
                  Authors: Eberhard Zwicker and U. Tilmann Zwicker vol
39 no. 3 March 1991 pp: 115-126=20

Thanks in advance...........

Balaji wrote:
> HI everybody .. thanks a lot for ur quick reply......... > > > Right now I cant answer to u all... cause I have not yet chsen the > field.. but I will decide soon come for ur suggestions.
In the meantime, read http://users.erols.com/jyavins/procfaq.htm. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;