Forums

Can anyone point me to some basic (not so mathematical) pseudocode for a reasonably efficient FFT?

Started by Tony July 25, 2005
Yes, I know, that's not the way to learn about FFT. But there's only a
small probability that the resampler + FFT solution I have in mind
will actually do what I need anyway, so I was hoping to get a ballpark
feeling before getting in too deep (time constraint).

TIA, Tony
Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email)
Tony wrote:
> Yes, I know, that's not the way to learn about FFT. But there's only a > small probability that the resampler + FFT solution I have in mind > will actually do what I need anyway, so I was hoping to get a ballpark > feeling before getting in too deep (time constraint). > > TIA, Tony > Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email)
Why pseudocode? try http://fftw.org/ and Chapter 12? at http://www.dspguide.com/ Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. �����������������������������������������������������������������������
Jerry Avins wrote:
> Tony wrote: > >> Yes, I know, that's not the way to learn about FFT. But there's only a >> small probability that the resampler + FFT solution I have in mind >> will actually do what I need anyway, so I was hoping to get a ballpark >> feeling before getting in too deep (time constraint). >> >> TIA, Tony >> Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email) > > > Why pseudocode? try http://fftw.org/ and Chapter 12? at > http://www.dspguide.com/
Also "Numerical Recipes in C" http://library.lanl.gov/numerical/bookcpdf.html The book is avalable also for Fortran 77, 90 and C++ (not online). --JS
Hi,

Or my FFT routine available from my homepage.

Best regards,
Jens J. Nielsen
http:/home.get2net.dk/jjn

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:41:43 +0900, Julian Stoev <stoev@deadspam.com>
wrote:

>Jerry Avins wrote: >> Tony wrote: >> >>> Yes, I know, that's not the way to learn about FFT. But there's only a >>> small probability that the resampler + FFT solution I have in mind >>> will actually do what I need anyway, so I was hoping to get a ballpark >>> feeling before getting in too deep (time constraint). >>> >>> TIA, Tony >>> Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email) >> >> >> Why pseudocode? try http://fftw.org/ and Chapter 12? at >> http://www.dspguide.com/ > >Also "Numerical Recipes in C" >http://library.lanl.gov/numerical/bookcpdf.html > >The book is avalable also for Fortran 77, 90 and C++ (not online). > >--JS