Forums

Opinions on "Multirate Signal Processing..." by F.J.Harris?

Started by Oli Charlesworth March 16, 2008
Al,

Your URLs wrapped. I hope this is better:

The papers are posted here:

http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-presentations.html

This was the agenda:

http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-information.html

Here are a few pictures:

http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-comp.dsp-conference.html

Jerry
-- 
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.
�����������������������������������������������������������������������
Al Clark wrote:
...
> Here are a few pictures: > > http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-comp.dsp-conference.html
Them beards are really scary! :-) It's a shame we don't see Dr. Mike around here anymore. Regards, Andor
On Mar 16, 4:09 pm, Oli Charlesworth <ca...@olifilth.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear all, > > I was thinking of purchasing "Multirate Signal Processing for > Communication Systems" by F.J.Harris. Has anyone here used this book, > and if so, what are your opinions? >
I appreciate everyone's feedback. It sounds like it's one to get, so I've ordered it. -- Oli
Andor <andor.bariska@gmail.com> wrote in
news:9e722b9a-8a31-4244-a04b-ee785ec60993@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com: 

> Al Clark wrote: > ... >> Here are a few pictures: >> >> http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-c >> omp.dsp-conference.html > > Them beards are really scary! > >:-) > > It's a shame we don't see Dr. Mike around here anymore.
I still see Mike posting on the [adsp] discussion list. I don't think he is doing too much DSP these days. Al Clark
> > Regards, > Andor >
Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> wrote in
news:M4idnTvA1PIefELanZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@rcn.net: 

> Al, > > Your URLs wrapped. I hope this is better: > > The papers are posted here: > > http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-pre > sentations.html > > This was the agenda: > > http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-inf > ormation.html > > Here are a few pictures: > > http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-comp > .dsp-conference.html > > Jerry
Thanks Jerry, my newsreader (XNEWS) wraps at 78 characters. This is the max setting. I don't know a workaround
Andor <andor.bariska@gmail.com> wrote in
news:9e722b9a-8a31-4244-a04b-ee785ec60993@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com: 

> Al Clark wrote: > ... >> Here are a few pictures: >> >> http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-com >> p.dsp-conference.html > > Them beards are really scary! >
Mike's was kind of long but mine was fairly recently groomed. If you are interested in pics of many comp.dsp regulars make sure you also click on Mark Borgerding's additional pictures. The two adult dogs in the pictures are Amber (Golden Retriever) and Morgan (Springer Spaniel). They are still our office dogs. We also have Kendra, Morgan's daughter. I always gringe when we are talking with a customer and the UPS guy drives in. Barking dogs don't convey the image that we are as big as IBM. Al
>:-) > > It's a shame we don't see Dr. Mike around here anymore. > > Regards, > Andor >
Al Clark wrote:
> Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> wrote in > news:M4idnTvA1PIefELanZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@rcn.net: > >> Al, >> >> Your URLs wrapped. I hope this is better: >> >> The papers are posted here: >> >> http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-pre >> sentations.html >> >> This was the agenda: >> >> http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/comp.dsp-conference-inf >> ormation.html >> >> Here are a few pictures: >> >> http://www.danvillesignal.com/comp.dsp-conference/photos-of-the-2004-comp >> .dsp-conference.html >> >> Jerry > > Thanks Jerry, > > my newsreader (XNEWS) wraps at 78 characters. This is the max setting. I > don't know a workaround
Mine is set to wrap at 72 characters, I can set that at least up to 255. Our newsreaders won't wrap except at some sort of demarcation. Yours considers that a dash is one, but Thunderbird demands whitespace. -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:49:06 GMT, Al Clark <aclark@danvillesignal.com>
wrote:

   (snipped by Lyons)
>> >> By the way, I forgot to mention to Oli (and you) >> that harris' MATLAB code (for his book) is available. >> All you have to do is click the "Downloads" button at: > >Thank you, I will grab the downloads. > >> >> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0131465112 >> >> Also, yesterday I sent another E-mail to fred harris >> to see if he's compiled an errata for his book. >> We'll wait to see what fred says. > >What? Authors of DSP books make mistakes?
Ouch!! ;-) [-Rick-]
>On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:49:06 GMT, Al Clark <aclark@danvillesignal.com> >wrote: > > (snipped by Lyons) >>> >>> By the way, I forgot to mention to Oli (and you) >>> that harris' MATLAB code (for his book) is available. >>> All you have to do is click the "Downloads" button at: >> >>Thank you, I will grab the downloads. >> >>> >>> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0131465112 >>> >>> Also, yesterday I sent another E-mail to fred harris >>> to see if he's compiled an errata for his book. >>> We'll wait to see what fred says. >> >>What? Authors of DSP books make mistakes? >
How about the Safari Books Online? which have this book review also! Any comment???
> >Ouch!! ;-) > >[-Rick-] >
>On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:49:06 GMT, Al Clark <aclark@danvillesignal.com> >wrote: > > (snipped by Lyons) >>> >>> By the way, I forgot to mention to Oli (and you) >>> that harris' MATLAB code (for his book) is available. >>> All you have to do is click the "Downloads" button at: >> >>Thank you, I will grab the downloads. >> >>> >>> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0131465112 >>> >>> Also, yesterday I sent another E-mail to fred harris >>> to see if he's compiled an errata for his book. >>> We'll wait to see what fred says. >> >>What? Authors of DSP books make mistakes? >
How about the Safari Books Online? which have this book review also! Any comment???
> >Ouch!! ;-) > >[-Rick-] >