Forums

Looking for a DSP Training Course

Started by Unknown May 22, 2008
I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North
America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes
Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before.  Could you
please recommend me one?

Thanks in in advance!

Johnson
On May 22, 4:23�pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. �Could you > please recommend me one? > > Thanks in in advance! > > Johnson
BTW, it is better an intensive course no more than 1 week or so. I am located at Calgary, but I do not mind travel.
gpsabove@gmail.com wrote in news:7bc56615-db9c-4a9b-9650-33e1cb7720e3
@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> On May 22, 4:23�pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote: >> I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North >> America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes >> Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. �Could you >> please recommend me one? >> >> Thanks in in advance! >> >> Johnson > > BTW, it is better an intensive course no more than 1 week or so. I am > located at Calgary, but I do not mind travel. >
George Kadziolka (Kaztek Engineering) gives many Blackfin (and Sharc) courses for ADI. The next US one is on June 3-6 in San Jose. There is a link: www.analog.com/processors/blackfin/training/workshops/index.html#sysdev These courses are often held in ADI's Norwood, MA facility. I don't know the next one. Al Clark Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
On May 22, 5:27&#2013266080;pm, Al Clark <acl...@danvillesignal.com> wrote:
> gpsab...@gmail.com wrote in news:7bc56615-db9c-4a9b-9650-33e1cb7720e3 > @l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > > > On May 22, 4:23&#2013266080;pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote: > >> I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > >> America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > >> Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. &#2013266080;Could you > >> please recommend me one? > > >> Thanks in in advance! > > >> Johnson > > > BTW, it is better an intensive course no more than 1 week or so. I am > > located at Calgary, but I do not mind travel. > > George Kadziolka (Kaztek Engineering) gives many Blackfin (and Sharc) courses > for ADI. The next US one is on June 3-6 in San Jose. > > There is a link: > > www.analog.com/processors/blackfin/training/workshops/index.html#sysdev > > These courses are often held in ADI's Norwood, MA facility. I don't know the > next one. > > Al Clark > Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
Thank you for your quick reply and the link. I think July or after will fit my schedule better.

gpsabove@gmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. Could you > please recommend me one?
I recommend you the BlackFin Hardware Reference Manual. It has all the information that you may ever need. Especially as the class can't liberate you from reading the manual. The only purpose of the training classes like that is having the vacation paid by the company; so the main question is if the class is located at the proper place: Las Vegas, Cancun, SanFran, whatever you like. Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant http://www.abvolt.com
This mail might not be related directly to OP. But
for others use who are in India and specially Bangalore,
Arithos Designs is providing Industry oriented training
in following areas,

1. Digital design.
2. Verilog coding and simulations.
3. Fundamentals of DSP using Octave.
4. Fundamentals of image processing.
5. Octave/matlab.
6. Circuit simulation using spice.

Thanks and Regards
Bharat Pathak

Arithos Designs
www.Arithos.com

On May 22, 6:23&#2013266080;pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. &#2013266080;Could you > please recommend me one? > > Thanks in in advance! > > Johnson
Are you looking for a course to learn DSP, or do you already know DSP and are looking for a course about programming the Blackfin? Dirk
On May 23, 7:12&#2013266080;am, dbell <bellda2...@cox.net> wrote:
> On May 22, 6:23&#2013266080;pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote: > > > I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. &#2013266080;Could you > > please recommend me one? > > > Thanks in in advance! > > > Johnson > > Are you looking for a course to learn DSP, or do you already know DSP > and are looking for a course about programming the Blackfin? > > Dirk
I have limited knowledge about DSP. I hope the course focuses on the Blackfin, programming and applications, while also mention the state art of concurrent DSP as well. Johnson
On May 22, 8:00&#2013266080;pm, Vladimir Vassilevsky <antispam_bo...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> gpsab...@gmail.com wrote: > > I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. &#2013266080;Could you > > please recommend me one? > > I recommend you the BlackFin Hardware Reference Manual. It has all the > information that you may ever need. Especially as the class can't > liberate you from reading the manual. The only purpose of the training > classes like that is having the vacation paid by the company; so the > main question is if the class is located at the proper place: Las Vegas, > Cancun, SanFran, whatever you like. > > Vladimir Vassilevsky > DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultanthttp://www.abvolt.com
Mmmm, I think you are sort of right about the vacation. Most people, including me, wants to learn at the proper place. However, if I have to choose, the knowledge is more important. I can attend a class in the basement. :-)
On May 23, 12:26&#2013266080;pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 23, 7:12&#2013266080;am, dbell <bellda2...@cox.net> wrote: > > > On May 22, 6:23&#2013266080;pm, gpsab...@gmail.com wrote: > > > > I am looking for a good DSP course this Summer or Fall in North > > > America. I will work on AD Blackfin soon so the course better includes > > > Blackfin. I have limited experience on TI DSPs before. &#2013266080;Could you > > > please recommend me one? > > > > Thanks in in advance! > > > > Johnson > > > Are you looking for a course to learn DSP, or do you already know DSP > > and are looking for a course about programming the Blackfin? > > > Dirk > > I have limited knowledge about DSP. I hope the course focuses on the > Blackfin, programming and applications, while also mention the state > art of concurrent DSP as well. > > Johnson
There is no course that will teach you DSP in a week. To be any good requires a significant investment in time. However you can certainly find courses that will claim to teach you in a week, but when you try to actually do the work, you will find out how much time and money you wasted. Used to be a course called "DSP Without Tears". 5 days I think. I saw the results of that at one company I worked at. Not productive. Dirk