Forums

Some problems with FreeMaster and MC56F8345

Started by Bruno Tremblay July 8, 2005
Hi,

I have two problems with FreeMaster (new name for PCMaster).
The first one, I try to access the ADCA registers in the variable watch
section of FreeMaster by setting address's variable to 0xF200. The value
returned is 0xFFFF. I should see at least the initialization value. Does
somebody know any solution for a direct read of a register on a MC56F8345?
The second one is about the recorder. There is no grid or graph in the
recorder window. At the top left of the window, I can read "Waiting for the
first trigger." and at the bottom "Stopped, waiting for acknowledge." plus
the RUN/STOP button. Is there someone how know to make the recorder works.
Thanks
Bruno


> Hi,
Hi > There is no grid or graph in the
> recorder window. At the top left of the window, I can read "Waiting
for
> the
> first trigger." and at the bottom "Stopped, waiting for acknowledge."
plus
> the RUN/STOP button. Is there someone how know to make the recorder
> works.
>
Be sure you put the following lines in appconfig.h,

// Inicializaciones para PC Master
#define PC_MASTER_REC_BUFF_LEN 50
#define PC_MASTER_RECORDER_TIME_BASE 0x8051 // 81d = 51H, 81s

Call the pcmasterdrvRecorder() function periodically.
I call pcmasterdrvRecorder() in a 81s periodic interrupt.

Hope this helps

Ing. Marcos Di Fazio
Boherdi Electrica S. R. L.
www.boherdi.com.ar
Muz 1858
Buenos Aires
C1255ACP
Argentina
TE: +54 11 4925 4843
+54 11 4923 9060
FAX: +54 11 4923 5595


Hi Marcos,

Thank you for this excellent answer. The magic this was to call
periodically the pcmasterdrvRecorder() function. I checked and rechecked the
documentation on PCMaster, I didn't found any word on that fact. Also, I
didn't found any word on how to estimate the recorder tine base. Do you have
some hints on that.

Thanks

Bruno Tremblay
Design Engineer
Gentec Inc.
www.gentec.ca -----Message d'origine-----
De: motoroladsp@moto... [mailto:motoroladsp@moto...] De la
part de Marcos Di Fazio
Envoy 27 septembre 2005 11:11
: motoroladsp@moto...
Objet: RE: [motoroladsp] Some problems with FreeMaster and MC56F8345

> Hi,
Hi > There is no grid or graph in the
> recorder window. At the top left of the window, I can read "Waiting
for
> the
> first trigger." and at the bottom "Stopped, waiting for acknowledge."
plus
> the RUN/STOP button. Is there someone how know to make the recorder
> works.
>
Be sure you put the following lines in appconfig.h,

// Inicializaciones para PC Master
#define PC_MASTER_REC_BUFF_LEN 50
#define PC_MASTER_RECORDER_TIME_BASE 0x8051 // 81d = 51H, 81s

Call the pcmasterdrvRecorder() function periodically.
I call pcmasterdrvRecorder() in a 81s periodic interrupt.

Hope this helps

Ing. Marcos Di Fazio
Boherdi Electrica S. R. L.
www.boherdi.com.ar
Muz 1858
Buenos Aires
C1255ACP
Argentina
TE: +54 11 4925 4843
+54 11 4923 9060
FAX: +54 11 4923 5595



> Bruno Tremblay wrote:

> I didn't found any word on how to estimate the recorder tine base.
> Do you have some hints on that?
>

Hi Bruno,
The time base is a 16 bits value. The format is:

Bits | Format | Explanation
------|---------|---------
0-13 | 14bits | Mantissa of recorder routine launch period
------|---------|---------
14-15 | 2 bits | Exponent of recorder routine launch period
| | 0 - 1 (10^0)
| | 1 - m (10^-3)
| | 2 - u (10^-6)
| | 3 - n (10^-9)

ejemplo: recorder routine launch period is 48s --> timeBase = 0x8030

regards,

Ing. Marcos Di Fazio
Boherdi Electrica S. R. L.
www.boherdi.com.ar
Muz 1858
Buenos Aires
C1255ACP
Argentina
TE: +54 11 4925 4843
+54 11 4923 9060
FAX: +54 11 4923 5595

>
> Bruno Tremblay
> Design Engineer
> Gentec Inc.
> www.gentec.ca > -----Message d'origine-----
> De: motoroladsp@moto... [mailto:motoroladsp@moto...]
De
> la
> part de Marcos Di Fazio
> Envoy 27 septembre 2005 11:11
> : motoroladsp@moto...
> Objet: RE: [motoroladsp] Some problems with FreeMaster and MC56F8345
>
> > Hi,
> Hi > > There is no grid or graph in the
> > recorder window. At the top left of the window, I can read "Waiting
> for
> > the
> > first trigger." and at the bottom "Stopped, waiting for
acknowledge."
> plus
> > the RUN/STOP button. Is there someone how know to make the recorder
> > works.
> >
> Be sure you put the following lines in appconfig.h,
>
> // Inicializaciones para PC Master
> #define PC_MASTER_REC_BUFF_LEN 50
> #define PC_MASTER_RECORDER_TIME_BASE 0x8051 // 81d = 51H, 81s
>
> Call the pcmasterdrvRecorder() function periodically.
> I call pcmasterdrvRecorder() in a 81s periodic interrupt.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Ing. Marcos Di Fazio
> Boherdi Electrica S. R. L.
> www.boherdi.com.ar
> Muz 1858
> Buenos Aires
> C1255ACP
> Argentina
> TE: +54 11 4925 4843
> +54 11 4923 9060
> FAX: +54 11 4923 5595 >
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor >