DSPRelated.com
Forums

LTE power allocation

Started by Sharan123 7 years ago3 replieslatest reply 7 years ago409 views

Hello All,

In case of #LTE, it is mentioned (http://www.sharetechnote.com/html/Handbook_LTE_Dow...) that control channels are made strong wrt to other channels. This means that detection power of control channels are higher than other channels. So, do the receivers detect the presence of control channel by simply calculating the power at known symbols?

Actually, I was under the assumption that these control channels are detected by checking for a known pattern in the incoming symbols rather than power.

Thanks,

[ - ]
Reply by rrlagicJanuary 8, 2017

To my knowledge, design of LTE control channel in downlink is such that power presence means signal presence. No other info may come on place of control channel. Moreover, agilent's pxa has a config to detect even data allocation that way.

[ - ]
Reply by TreefarmerJanuary 8, 2017

I would like all on this blog to stop using what I suspect are texting shortcuts. Some of us older people will not understand and will not respond to such. Specifically your reference to "channels made strong wrt to other channels." Does "wrt" mean "with respect to?" I do not respond to such shortcuts in speech.

[ - ]
Reply by Sharan123January 8, 2017

Apologies. That is my mistake