Definition ( odd):
- Zero crossings at integer multiples of
- Main lobe width is .
- As increases, the main lobe narrows (better frequency resolution).
- has no effect on the height of the side lobes (same as the ``Gibbs phenomenon'' for truncated Fourier series expansions).
- First side lobe only 13 dB down from the main-lobe peak.
- Side lobes roll off at approximately 6dB per octave.
- A phase term arises when we shift the window to make it causal, while the window transform is real in the zero-phase case (i.e., centered about time 0).
Hann or Hanning or Raised Cosine
Rectangular Window Side-Lobes