Forums

Re: EMAC doesn't receive

Started by shah...@yahoo.com August 23, 2012
Hi

I have the exeact problem "TxPktHeld increments but nothing
appears on the wires and LED"

Can anyone help and tell me what is wrong?

RGDS,
Saeed

Hello,
>
>I am building a device that will use TMS320C6412 and a Ethernet controller from Intel LXT971ALE. They are both connected through EMAC and MDIO. I am using CSL.
>
>I have encountered a problem, that when I connect a wire to my PC, the PC tries to establish a connection and is sending some packets. I see, that one of the LEDs for RX is pulsing from time to time. But I cannot see those packets in my software. Controller reacts (pulsing LED) but I cannot read it from anywhere, also statisticts are not changed. Callbacks are not run.
>
>Second thing is that I cannot send any packets. I am using EMAC_sendpacket, it returns 0 (that is OK), state of EMAC changes (TxPktHeld increments) but nothing appears on the wires and LED for TX does not pulse...
>
>Any ideas?
>
>RGDS,
>Jakub

_____________________________________
HiI recently designed a board in which tms320c6726 is used. The first group of the boards were good. As it is written in the daatasheet of the chip the content of the address 0x00c of the DSP was 0xC9230C100. I bought some chips from a different distributor and I found out that the content of address 0x00C of the ROM is 0xD710E001 which is not the same as that I respect based on the datasheets. The new DSPs work good. I can connect to them via jtag emulator and program and run them. but the DSPLIB functions are not resident on their ROM. I wonder if these are new versions of the DSP or are the wring DSPs. I can't find anything about ROM content besides the 0xC9230C100 ROM version.Please help me,Thanks,Yasser
Yasser-

If the chips are in fact different, then the part markings must have some difference, even if a subtle one. If they
are the same, then maybe there is some configuration pin or other slight difference in the mfg of your two groups of
boards.

Do you have comparison images of the chips that you could post?

-Jeff

> HiI recently designed a board in which tms320c6726 is used. The first group of the boards were good. As it is written
> in the daatasheet of the chip the content of the address 0x00c of the DSP was 0xC9230C100. I bought some chips from a
> different distributor and I found out that the content of address 0x00C of the ROM is 0xD710E001 which is not the same
> as that I respect based on the datasheets. The new DSPs work good. I can connect to them via jtag emulator and program
> and run them. but the DSPLIB functions are not resident on their ROM. I wonder if these are new versions of the DSP or
> are the wring DSPs. I can't find anything about ROM content besides the 0xC9230C100 ROM version.Please help
> me,Thanks,Yasser

_____________________________________
Hi jeffsorry I change the title of the post. I ought both chips as TMS320C6726BRFP and they are the same in the first line of the prt marking but the second line of the marking are different.for the good chip the second line is: C12-12AHGYTG4for the bad (or not working) chip the second line is: C12-96FCV0TG4 as I wrote in the first post the content of the address 0x00c for the chips are as follows:for the good chip: 0xC9230C100 which is the same as what I expect based on the datasheetfor the bad one: 0xD710E001 which seems to be new or wrong Regards,Yasser
To: y...@hotmail.com
CC: c...
From: j...@signalogic.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 22:03:52 -0500
Subject: RE: [c6x] Re: EMAC doesn't receive

Yasser-

If the chips are in fact different, then the part markings must have some difference, even if a subtle one. If they

are the same, then maybe there is some configuration pin or other slight difference in the mfg of your two groups of

boards.

Do you have comparison images of the chips that you could post?

-Jeff

> HiI recently designed a board in which tms320c6726 is used. The first group of the boards were good. As it is written

> in the daatasheet of the chip the content of the address 0x00c of the DSP was 0xC9230C100. I bought some chips from a

> different distributor and I found out that the content of address 0x00C of the ROM is 0xD710E001 which is not the same

> as that I respect based on the datasheets. The new DSPs work good. I can connect to them via jtag emulator and program

> and run them. but the DSPLIB functions are not resident on their ROM. I wonder if these are new versions of the DSP or

> are the wring DSPs. I can't find anything about ROM content besides the 0xC9230C100 ROM version.Please help

> me,Thanks,Yasser
Yasser-

> Hi jeffsorry I change the title of the post. I ought both chips as TMS320C6726BRFP and they are the same in the first
> line of the prt marking but the second line of the marking are different.for the good chip the second line is:
> C12-12AHGYTG4for the bad (or not working) chip the second line is: C12-96FCV0TG4 as I wrote in the first post the
> content of the address 0x00c for the chips are as follows:for the good chip: 0xC9230C100 which is the same as what
> I expect based on the datasheetfor the bad one: 0xD710E001 which seems to be new or wrong Regards,Yasser

The diagram and table on page 6 of this doc gives some clue:

http://www.ti.com/lit/er/sprz232f/sprz232f.pdf

but doesn't fully explain the remainder of the 2nd line marking. Typically that's a manufacturing location-date code,
but within that there might be something about onchip ROM contents. My suggestion is to post this on e2e forum and
find a TI guy who knows what's going on.

-Jeff

> To: y...@hotmail.com
> CC: c...
> From: j...@signalogic.com
> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 22:03:52 -0500
> Subject: RE: [c6x] Re: EMAC doesn't receive
>
> Yasser-
>
> If the chips are in fact different, then the part markings must have some difference, even if a subtle one. If they
> are the same, then maybe there is some configuration pin or other slight difference in the mfg of your two groups of
> boards.
>
> Do you have comparison images of the chips that you could post?
>
> -Jeff
>
>> HiI recently designed a board in which tms320c6726 is used. The first group of the boards were good. As it is
>> written
>> in the daatasheet of the chip the content of the address 0x00c of the DSP was 0xC9230C100. I bought some chips from
>> a
>> different distributor and I found out that the content of address 0x00C of the ROM is 0xD710E001 which is not the
>> same
>> as that I respect based on the datasheets. The new DSPs work good. I can connect to them via jtag emulator and
>> program
>> and run them. but the DSPLIB functions are not resident on their ROM. I wonder if these are new versions of the DSP
>> or
>> are the wring DSPs. I can't find anything about ROM content besides the 0xC9230C100 ROM version.Please help
>> me,Thanks,Yasser

_____________________________________