I need some help using the flash burn utility for DSK6713. I've followed
all steps upto creating a .cdd file. After that I eraze flash and burn
it. When I close CCS and disconnect the USB from the board and press
reset, it doesnt run. Any suggestions?
Also could anyone tell me how to find out the memory used for my
Thanks in advance
Help with Flashburn Utility
You can get a 'map' file by adding a map file name to your project. Refer to the the help menu and select code generation tools for more information on the types of listings that you can generate.
To troubleshoot your problem, try the following steps:
1. Do not modify your original program while you are debugging.
2. With CCS open, select debug->reset. This will cause the first 1024 bytes of the FLASH to be loaded into memory beginning at address 0.
3. Select file->load symbols and then point to your original '.out' file.
4. look at the dissassembly of the code loaded into memory - you don't need to understand it, just verify that 'it looks like a bunch of instructions' [and not FFFFFFFF- which would indicate an erased FLASH].
5. If all looks well, you should be able to start single stepping - if you know the start of your code [from the map file], you can set a hardware breakpoint and see if you can run to it.
hopefully this will get you started,
Manasa Raghavan <m...@ecel.ufl.edu> wrote: