Forums

RES: Error connecting to the target:

Started by Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho November 5, 2007
Hi Make and Simon,

1) I think that problem with the connection DSP and Host, via JTAG using TI xds510, is on hardware, because, as sprs294b, the TMS320C6713B requires that both RESET and TRST resets be asserted upon power up. While RESET initializes the DSP core, TRST initializes the DSP emulation logic.

2) In my design I have tow boards: One with only the DSP and peripherals and other with DSP + ALTERA FPGA.

3) In a single DSP I have to try several time turn on/off the power to have success in connection. Boot wend connected the xprobe didn't run, Its indicate a error (lossless power) I will confirm the error number. It must be observed that this same errors appear when connected with DSK. I do not investigate it.

In the other board I have been implementing a reset logic using an ALTERA FPGA, in a similar way the DSK. Not conclude it yet.

Follow the answer of your questions:

Have you been following the Gao thread by Simon??

No, I just follow the discussion.

If you have time, I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions.
1. What is the exact model of your Gao emulator??

I just have the GaoEmulation user manual version 3.24 (2005.12) for the XDS510 USB2.0 JTAG Emulator. Its came with "anghaixds510" drive.

2. Can you run 'xdsprobe -f gao.cfg -p 0x240 -i' successfully??

No, in a similar way with DSK, Its didn't run xprobe, an error is indicated. I will confirm the error message in a next email

3. With CCS configured for your target, could you post the contents of
'C:\CCStudio_v3.3\cc\bin\brddat\ccBrd0.dat'
[it is a text file].

There are four files: ccBrd0, 1 2 and 3:

ccBrd0:

# config version=3.5

@ CPU_1 family=tms320c671x

$ sepk

pod_drvr=anghaiver3.dll

$ /

# /

ccBrd1

# config version=3.5

@ CPU_1 family=tms320c621x

$ sepk

pod_drvr=xds510.dll

$ /

# /

ccBrd2 = ccBrd0

ccBrd3

# config version=3.5

@ CPU_1 family=tms320c671x

$ sepk

pod_drvr=xds510.dll

pod_port=0x0

$ /

$ uscif

slowclk=NO

tdoedge=RISE

$ /

# /

Ricardo

On 11/1/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:

Yes Michael, Now my board is connecting, via JTAG, using the Gao xds510.

I was pulldown (by wrong) a EMU pin. I read the SPRA584C Application Report (TI) and revises may design.

Thanks.

Ricardo
________________________________

De: Michael Dunn [mailto:m...@gmail.com]
Enviada: qua 31/10/2007 16:29
Para: Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho
Cc: c...
Assunto: Re: [c6x] Error connecting to the target:

Ricardo,

Have you had any success with your Gao emulator??

mikedunn

On 10/26/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:

Michael,

Thanks for the reply and tips.

However I have been other error (powerless) when I try rum xdsprobe test on the DSK. It is connecting but the not rum xdsprob test? (no is clear for me)

What voltage must be used on PIN 5 of the JTAG? I am using 3.3V and the DSK also.

But the green led of the Gao XDS510 is OFF when I connect the DSK and ON when I connect the USB cable.

Ricardo

Ricardo,

On 10/24/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I am working with CCS 3.1
>
> Firstly a used the XDS510, via JTAG, to connect a 6713DSK with successful.
>
> Now I am trying uses it to connect a new board with a 6713B DSP, and I have been a fatal error:
>
> Error connecting to the target: Error 0x80000200/-1070 Fatal Error during: OCS,
>
> Does somebody know what I have to do in order to solve this fatal error?

1. Make sure that your target is alive. Check voltages and clocks.
2. Check your JTAG scan chain. From a DOS prompt in cc/bin directory
run 'xdsprobe -i'. Examine the output for successful completion and
an IR len of 46 [assuming that the DSP is the only thing in the scan
path]. You can compare with the DSK output.
If you get errors, run 'xdsprobe -g -c' and check the JTAG connector
pins 3 and 7 for 'toggling data', pins 9 and 11 for clocks and that
pin 2 is high.

mikedunn
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Ricardo Carvalho.
>
> LQE - FURB
>
> Blumenau
>
> Brazil
>
>
>

--
www.dsprelated.com/blogs-1/nf/Mike_Dunn.php

--
www.dsprelated.com/blogs-1/nf/Mike_Dunn.php
Hello Ricardo,

On 11/5/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:
> Hi Make and Simon,

> 1) I think that problem with the connection DSP and Host, via JTAG using TI xds510,

Are you really using a TI XDS510 ISA card in your PC??? If not,
please be careful about how you refer to products. There are dozens
of different XDS510 class emulators in the world.

> is on hardware, because, as sprs294b, the TMS320C6713B requires that both RESET and TRST resets be asserted upon power up. While RESET initializes the DSP core, TRST initializes the DSP emulation logic.

It has been my experience that pulsing nTRST during powerup is a
convenience thing. You can manually force nTRST by executing xdsprobe
with the '-r' option [this will pulse nTRST and reset the JTAG state
machine].

mikedunn
>
> 2) In my design I have tow boards: One with only the DSP and peripherals and other with DSP + ALTERA FPGA.
>
> 3) In a single DSP I have to try several time turn on/off the power to have success in connection. Boot wend connected the xprobe didn't run, Its indicate a error (lossless power) I will confirm the error number. It must be observed that this same errors appear when connected with DSK. I do not investigate it.
>
> In the other board I have been implementing a reset logic using an ALTERA FPGA, in a similar way the DSK. Not conclude it yet.
> Follow the answer of your questions:
>
> Have you been following the Gao thread by Simon??
> No, I just follow the discussion.
>
> If you have time, I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions.
> 1. What is the exact model of your Gao emulator??
>
> I just have the GaoEmulation user manual version 3.24 (2005.12) for the XDS510 USB2.0 JTAG Emulator. Its came with "anghaixds510" drive.
> 2. Can you run 'xdsprobe -f gao.cfg -p 0x240 -i' successfully??
>
> No, in a similar way with DSK, Its didn't run xprobe, an error is indicated. I will confirm the error message in a next email
>
> 3. With CCS configured for your target, could you post the contents of
> 'C:\CCStudio_v3.3\cc\bin\brddat\ccBrd0.dat'
> [it is a text file].
>
> There are four files: ccBrd0, 1 2 and 3:
>
> ccBrd0:
>
> # config version=3.5
>
> @ CPU_1 family=tms320c671x
>
> $ sepk
>
> pod_drvr=anghaiver3.dll
>
> $ /
>
> # /
>
> ccBrd1
>
> # config version=3.5
>
> @ CPU_1 family=tms320c621x
>
> $ sepk
>
> pod_drvr=xds510.dll
>
> $ /
>
> # /
>
> ccBrd2 = ccBrd0
>
> ccBrd3
>
> # config version=3.5
>
> @ CPU_1 family=tms320c671x
>
> $ sepk
>
> pod_drvr=xds510.dll
>
> pod_port=0x0
>
> $ /
>
> $ uscif
>
> slowclk=NO
>
> tdoedge=RISE
>
> $ /
>
> # /
>
> Ricardo
>
> On 11/1/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes Michael, Now my board is connecting, via JTAG, using the Gao xds510.
> >
> > I was pulldown (by wrong) a EMU pin. I read the SPRA584C Application Report (TI) and revises may design.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ricardo ________________________________
De: Michael Dunn [mailto:m...@gmail.com]
> > Enviada: qua 31/10/2007 16:29
> > Para: Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho
> > Cc: c...
> > Assunto: Re: [c6x] Error connecting to the target:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ricardo,
> >
> > Have you had any success with your Gao emulator??
> >
> > mikedunn
> >
> >
> > On 10/26/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Michael,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reply and tips.
> > >
> > > However I have been other error (powerless) when I try rum xdsprobe test on the DSK. It is connecting but the not rum xdsprob test? (no is clear for me)
> > >
> > > What voltage must be used on PIN 5 of the JTAG? I am using 3.3V and the DSK also.
> > >
> > > But the green led of the Gao XDS510 is OFF when I connect the DSK and ON when I connect the USB cable.
> > >
> > > Ricardo
> > >
> > >
> > > Ricardo,
> > >
> > > On 10/24/07, Ricardo Jose de Oliveira Carvalho wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I am working with CCS 3.1
> > > >
> > > > Firstly a used the XDS510, via JTAG, to connect a 6713DSK with successful.
> > > >
> > > > Now I am trying uses it to connect a new board with a 6713B DSP, and I have been a fatal error:
> > > >
> > > > Error connecting to the target: Error 0x80000200/-1070 Fatal Error during: OCS,
> > > >
> > > > Does somebody know what I have to do in order to solve this fatal error?
> > >
> > > 1. Make sure that your target is alive. Check voltages and clocks.
> > > 2. Check your JTAG scan chain. From a DOS prompt in cc/bin directory
> > > run 'xdsprobe -i'. Examine the output for successful completion and
> > > an IR len of 46 [assuming that the DSP is the only thing in the scan
> > > path]. You can compare with the DSK output.
> > > If you get errors, run 'xdsprobe -g -c' and check the JTAG connector
> > > pins 3 and 7 for 'toggling data', pins 9 and 11 for clocks and that
> > > pin 2 is high.
> > >
> > > mikedunn
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ricardo Carvalho.
> > > >
> > > > LQE FURB
> > > >
> > > > Blumenau
> > > >
> > > > Brazil
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > www.dsprelated.com/blogs-1/nf/Mike_Dunn.php
>
> --
> www.dsprelated.com/blogs-1/nf/Mike_Dunn.php

--
www.dsprelated.com/blogs-1/nf/Mike_Dunn.php