Forums

oversampling from 8khz to 44.1khz using multistage filter

Started by pragati December 9, 2005
hello all,

I want to design a sample rate converter to convert the sampling rate from
8khz to 44.1khz. What should be the designing steps? What about multistage
fiter design.Please help me out!!!

regards,
pragati





pragati wrote:

> hello all, > > I want to design a sample rate converter to convert the sampling rate from > 8khz to 44.1khz. What should be the designing steps?
> What about multistage > fiter design.Please help me out!!! Method#1 (3 steps) 1. Go to the library 2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner 3. Don't ask any more stupid questions Method#2 (4 steps) 1. Find someone who knows the topic 2. Find $1000 3. Pay him for designing the filter 4. Enjoy VLV
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:
> pragati wrote: > > > hello all, > > > > I want to design a sample rate converter to convert the sampling rate from > > 8khz to 44.1khz. What should be the designing steps? > > What about multistage > > fiter design.Please help me out!!! > > Method#1 (3 steps) > > 1. Go to the library > 2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner > 3. Don't ask any more stupid questions
In Matlab it's much simpler than that ... :-)
"Vladimir Vassilevsky" <antispam_bogus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BKhmf.32310$q%.26176@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> > > pragati wrote: > > > hello all, > > > > I want to design a sample rate converter to convert the sampling rate
from
> > 8khz to 44.1khz. What should be the designing steps? > > What about multistage > > fiter design.Please help me out!!! > > Method#1 (3 steps) > > 1. Go to the library > 2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner > 3. Don't ask any more stupid questions > > Method#2 (4 steps) > > 1. Find someone who knows the topic > 2. Find $1000 > 3. Pay him for designing the filter > 4. Enjoy > > > VLV
That's not very nice. If you cannot help why bother posting? Glen
Vladimir Vassilevsky <antispam_bogus@hotmail.com> writes:
> [...] > Method#2 (4 steps) > > 1. Find someone who knows the topic > 2. Find $1000 > 3. Pay him for designing the filter > 4. Enjoy
I'll do it for $500... -- % Randy Yates % "The dreamer, the unwoken fool - %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % in dreams, no pain will kiss the brow..." %%% 919-577-9882 % %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Eldorado Overture', *Eldorado*, ELO http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr
> 1. Go to the library > 2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner > 3. Don't ask any more stupid questions
4. Close all newsgroups.

Emiliano wrote:

>>1. Go to the library >>2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner >>3. Don't ask any more stupid questions > > > 4. Close all newsgroups. >
I used to think that this place is called comp.dsp, not please.help.moron.to.do.his.classwork, right? VLV
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:
> > > Emiliano wrote: > >>> 1. Go to the library >>> 2. Get a classic book on multirate processing by Rabiner >>> 3. Don't ask any more stupid questions >> >> >> >> 4. Close all newsgroups. > > > > I used to think that this place is called comp.dsp, not > please.help.moron.to.do.his.classwork, right?
Vladimir, We were all ignorant once. Imbecility is irremediable, but ignorance can be ameliorated, and that's what some of us try to do. There are several ways to help; providing information and insight, politely dispelling wacky notions, and pointing people in the right direction are among them. Most of us don't think that simply providing homework answers is helpful, so we try not to do that. I just bought a new vehicle, and I plan to install a roof rack myself. I'm told that installation is a bit tricky, and I expect the mechanic who regularly does it to give me a few pointers. I think that by your standards, I ought to pay him to do it for me. We disagree about that. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;
$500?

Got a 3rd world connection?

Questions would eat up the $500.

Dirk

Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> writes:

> We were all ignorant once. Imbecility is irremediable, but ignorance > can be ameliorated, > [...]
Jerry, may I make a suggestion? Eschew obfuscation. -- % Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % things were so uncomplicated?" %%% 919-577-9882 % 'Ticket To The Moon' %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % *Time*, Electric Light Orchestra http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr