unmoderated group comp.soft-sys.octave passes 6-0-2
The Big-8 Management Board has voted to create comp.soft-syst.octave.
There were 6 YES votes, 0 NO votes, and 2 abstentions/no-votes. Voting
began on 08 Jun 2006, and ended on 09 Jun 2006.
This group will be created on 12 Jun 2006.
comp.soft-sys.octave GNU Octave, language for numerical computations.
Himanshu Singh Chauhan <email@example.com>
General GNU Octave questions and its application to specific fields such
as digital signal processing, digital communications, medical imaging,
etc., as well as development issues such as bugs, fixes, workarounds,
etc., in the main Octave kernel as well as developer- and user-supplied
scripts (.m files) which extend Octave's functionality.
The general issues include:
* Addressing new user queries.
* Exchange of source code in public domain, especially .m scripts.
* Addressing the applications of GNU Octave in various fields.
Usage specific in fields like Signal Processing:
* Exchange of public domain source code to strengthen the signal
processing part of GNU Octave.
* Addressing the beginner to advanced queries regarding various signal
processing related function available with GNU Octave, as built-in or
as separate packages.
Commercial advertising related to Octave from software vendors,
publishers, etc. will be permitted in a very limited fashion.
Flames and other non-constructive criticism are harmful when directed
to new readers. The octave group is meant to be a friendlier place on
the net for beginners, intermediate, advanced users. Flames and other
non-constructive criticism aimed at those seeking help are unwelcome.
2006-06-09 Vote ends; group will be created on 12 Jun 2006.
2006-06-02 Third RFD/last-call-for-comments posted.
2006-05-20 Second RFD submitted; reformatted by Tim Skirvin.
2006-05-18 Added several more newsgroups.
2006-03-15 Reformatted by Tim Skirvin for posting as an RFD.
2006-03-14 Submitted by Himanshu Singh Chauhan.
100% of our work is cutting-edge DSP
We are a small, high tech, sonar-processing company that develops state-of-the-art sonar, signal processing software systems used in naval aircraft.
* 60-75% signal processing algorithm development
* 25% real time code development in C++ Full relocation will be provided for the right candidate (e.g. relocation package up to $20,000).