Happy 2008!

Started by Randy Yates January 1, 2008
To All comp.dsp'ers the World Over:

     Happy New Year!!!

  - May all of your filter designs converge
  - May your available MIPS always exceed your required MIPS
  - May your IIRs never limit-cycle
  - May your documentation always provide just the right answers
  - May all your hardware designs be low-power, low-cost, small, and noise-free
  - May you always find clients and work!

--Randy and Freeda Yates

http://www.digitalsignallabs.com/frraari.jpg
(Bangalore, India, 2004)
-- 
%  Randy Yates                  % "...the answer lies within your soul
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %       'cause no one knows which side
%%% 919-577-9882                %                   the coin will fall."
%%%% <yates@ieee.org>           %  'Big Wheels', *Out of the Blue*, ELO
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com
Randy Yates wrote:
> To All comp.dsp'ers the World Over: > > Happy New Year!!! > > - May all of your filter designs converge > - May your available MIPS always exceed your required MIPS > - May your IIRs never limit-cycle > - May your documentation always provide just the right answers > - May all your hardware designs be low-power, low-cost, small, and noise-free > - May you always find clients and work! > > --Randy and Freeda Yates > > http://www.digitalsignallabs.com/frraari.jpg > (Bangalore, India, 2004)
Thank you, Randy. There's little I can add, except to wish that MI5 Percy dries up at last. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;
Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> writes:

> Randy Yates wrote: >> To All comp.dsp'ers the World Over: >> >> Happy New Year!!! >> >> - May all of your filter designs converge >> - May your available MIPS always exceed your required MIPS >> - May your IIRs never limit-cycle >> - May your documentation always provide just the right answers >> - May all your hardware designs be low-power, low-cost, small, and noise-free >> - May you always find clients and work! >> >> --Randy and Freeda Yates >> >> http://www.digitalsignallabs.com/frraari.jpg >> (Bangalore, India, 2004) > > Thank you, Randy. There's little I can add, except to wish that MI5 > Percy dries up at last.
I'm not sure what that's all about, but thanks! I hope you're enjoying some quality time with that granddaugther. -- % Randy Yates % "She tells me that she likes me very much, %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % but when I try to touch, she makes it %%% 919-577-9882 % all too clear." %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO http://www.digitalsignallabs.com
Randy Yates wrote:
> Jerry Avins <jya@ieee.org> writes: > >> Randy Yates wrote: >>> To All comp.dsp'ers the World Over: >>> >>> Happy New Year!!! >>> >>> - May all of your filter designs converge >>> - May your available MIPS always exceed your required MIPS >>> - May your IIRs never limit-cycle >>> - May your documentation always provide just the right answers >>> - May all your hardware designs be low-power, low-cost, small, and noise-free >>> - May you always find clients and work! >>> >>> --Randy and Freeda Yates >>> >>> http://www.digitalsignallabs.com/frraari.jpg >>> (Bangalore, India, 2004) >> Thank you, Randy. There's little I can add, except to wish that MI5 >> Percy dries up at last. > > I'm not sure what that's all about, but thanks! I hope you're enjoying > some quality time with that granddaugther.
I have five granddaughters (but none to spare, as the traffic signs say). Izzy is the youngest. I assumed you would recognize the posts from MI5 Percy[cution]. Your news server must do a better filtering job than mine. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. &#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;&#2013266095;
Jerry Avins wrote:
> I assumed you would recognize the posts from > MI5 Percy[cution]. Your news server must do a better filtering job than > mine.
I read comp.dsp, comp.sys.arm and comp.arch.fpga with Google Groups and also via my ISP's news sever (through Mozilla Thunderbird). Google doesn't appear to do any filtering of Percy at all, while my ISP seems to filter him out of comp.dsp and comp.sys.arm but _not_ out of comp.arch.fpga. Odd. What a sad life Percy must have to pursue the business of annoying the rest of the world so single-mindedly. All the best for the new year to everyone! EB