Forums

Deactivating Debugger

Started by hardeepgida March 16, 2005

Hi,

I am using the DSP56858, which has no internal flash. It is using
JTAG to communicate/program the board. However, I need to unplug the
JTAG after it has loaded my program into program RAM as I would like
to do some current measurements. Everytime I unplug the JTAG, I
receive an error message saying that Codewarrior has lost
communication with device. I am assuming that the debugger needs the
JTAG to function. Can someone please tell me how can I disable the
Metrowerks Codewarrior debugger?

Thank you.
Hardeep




Hardeep,

there should be a "CC disable" jumper on your board which should not be set.
If you set that jumper after you download the code and run it, you should be
fine.
Hope that helps.

Shahed

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:22 PM
Subject: [motoroladsp] Digest Number 755 >
>
> There is 1 message in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Deactivating Debugger
> From: "hardeepgida" < > ________________________________________________________________________
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:27:53 -0000
> From: "hardeepgida" <>
> Subject: Deactivating Debugger > Hi,
>
> I am using the DSP56858, which has no internal flash. It is using
> JTAG to communicate/program the board. However, I need to unplug the
> JTAG after it has loaded my program into program RAM as I would like
> to do some current measurements. Everytime I unplug the JTAG, I
> receive an error message saying that Codewarrior has lost
> communication with device. I am assuming that the debugger needs the
> JTAG to function. Can someone please tell me how can I disable the
> Metrowerks Codewarrior debugger?
>
> Thank you.
> Hardeep > ________________________________________________________________________
> ________________________________________________________________________ >





Shahed,

I pressed the run/debug button on codewarrior and waited for the debug
window to come up. Then I set the jumper and there was an error message
about communication lost. I also tried clicking the run/debug button,
waited for the debug window to come up and then clicked on the run/debug
button. Again I received the same error message about the communication
lost after setting the jumper.

Thanks.
Hardeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahed Rahim [mailto:]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:31 AM
To:
Cc: Hardeep Gida
Subject: re: Deactivating Debugger

Hardeep,

there should be a "CC disable" jumper on your board which should not be
set.
If you set that jumper after you download the code and run it, you
should be fine.
Hope that helps.

Shahed

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:22 PM
Subject: [motoroladsp] Digest Number 755 >
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> There is 1 message in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Deactivating Debugger
> From: "hardeepgida" < >
________________________________________________________________________
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:27:53 -0000
> From: "hardeepgida" <>
> Subject: Deactivating Debugger > Hi,
>
> I am using the DSP56858, which has no internal flash. It is using
> JTAG to communicate/program the board. However, I need to unplug the
> JTAG after it has loaded my program into program RAM as I would like
> to do some current measurements. Everytime I unplug the JTAG, I
> receive an error message saying that Codewarrior has lost
> communication with device. I am assuming that the debugger needs the
> JTAG to function. Can someone please tell me how can I disable the
> Metrowerks Codewarrior debugger?
>
> Thank you.
> Hardeep >
________________________________________________________________________
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
>

>





Hardeep,

Of course CodeWarrior will produce a communication error because you're
disconnecting the cable. Thus removing its communication link to the
EVM. But this shouldn't stop your code from running on the DSP once
you've loaded and started it running...

--
dB --- Hardeep Gida <> wrote:
>
> Shahed,
>
> I pressed the run/debug button on codewarrior and waited for the
> debug
> window to come up. Then I set the jumper and there was an error
> message
> about communication lost. I also tried clicking the run/debug button,
> waited for the debug window to come up and then clicked on the
> run/debug
> button. Again I received the same error message about the
> communication
> lost after setting the jumper.
>
> Thanks.
> Hardeep
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shahed Rahim [mailto:]
> Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:31 AM
> To:
> Cc: Hardeep Gida
> Subject: re: Deactivating Debugger
>
> Hardeep,
>
> there should be a "CC disable" jumper on your board which should not
> be
> set.
> If you set that jumper after you download the code and run it, you
> should be fine.
> Hope that helps.
>
> Shahed
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:22 PM
> Subject: [motoroladsp] Digest Number 755 > >
> > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >
> > There is 1 message in this issue.
> >
> > Topics in this digest:
> >
> > 1. Deactivating Debugger
> > From: "hardeepgida" <>
> >
> >
> >
>
________________________________________________________________________
> >
>
________________________________________________________________________
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:27:53 -0000
> > From: "hardeepgida" <>
> > Subject: Deactivating Debugger
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using the DSP56858, which has no internal flash. It is using
> > JTAG to communicate/program the board. However, I need to unplug
> the
> > JTAG after it has loaded my program into program RAM as I would
> like
> > to do some current measurements. Everytime I unplug the JTAG, I
> > receive an error message saying that Codewarrior has lost
> > communication with device. I am assuming that the debugger needs
> the
> > JTAG to function. Can someone please tell me how can I disable the
> > Metrowerks Codewarrior debugger?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Hardeep
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
________________________________________________________________________
> >
>
________________________________________________________________________
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

> >
> >
> >
>

__________________________________________________