DSPRelated.com
Forums

Learning Data Transmission for HF Channel

Started by Mannai_Murali 5 months ago2 replieslatest reply 5 months ago149 views

I am trying to learn data transmission through HF Channel for various multi path and fading conditions.I will be designing and coding for simulation.I am planning to transmit data through actual channel.In the receiver I will buffer the signal store it and process offline.Thus I will use standard laptop for algorithm implementation and use standard RF Radio.I am planning to become a HAM member to test the modem.If possible I will try to publish paper.Thus learning will not be only in simulation but actual hardware though in non real time.

Any one who would like to do pratcical experiments for HF with me may join.Please contact me.

Any feed back on HAM member transmitting data in HF for learning purpose and research?

Murali

Mannai_Murali@hotmail.com

[ - ]
Reply by JohnP4597November 21, 2023

Well, HF data coms has been well done by the Ham radio community and the military. Check out WSPR and WJXT, FT8 and FT4. I’m not sure what you’re trying to “learn” but there are strict rules on data modulation formats in HF and other licensed bands. Commercial activities must apply for licensing.

[ - ]
Reply by Mannai_MuraliNovember 24, 2023

Is there any HF beacons with long sequence of known data transmitted through HF at high Symbol Rate so that I can design my receiver to tackle multipath and Doppler?This will make me to receive data with out worrying about getting license to transmit data.High symbol rate will make multi path more severe which will be the challenge.